Agarwaen's Home >
Shadows of Amn > Asylum Dungeon 1
Asylum Dungeon 1: "The Gauntlet" (AR1512)
If you want to see the traps on this level, hover your mouse
Right after you have been robbed of your soul, you are
thrown into the dungeon beneath the Asylum. Bodhi decide to play a little bit of
cat and mouse with you. You are to run her gauntlet before she decides to kill
you. Big mistake, right ?
After Bodhi departs, Imoen will appear and ask to join
your party. What if you don't let her join? Where will she
be waiting you?
Near the doors to this room you'll find a big boulder.
Check it out for it has some treasure.
LOOT: Bolts +1 (40), Star Sapphire, Heavy Crossbow, Bolts (40).
Once inside the room you'll be attacked by Goblins.
GOBLINS: 6 x 20 exp, Random Small Treasure (4), Composite Long
Bow (2), Arrows (160), Battle Axe (4).
Check out the rug and a barrel for treasure.
LOOT: Ruby Stone, Spear +3, Bullets +2 (40), Bullets +1 (40), Arrows +1 (40),
758 Gold, Composite Long Bow, Arrows (20), Bullets (200), Throwing Axes (60),
Throwing Daggers (90).
This portal requires three certain stones to activate it:
Ruby, Opal and a Sapphire. It is guarded by some Mephits and a Ruhk so slay them
before you can use the portal.
RUHK: 7000 exp, Long Sword;
SMOKE MEPHIT: 420 exp;
ICE MEPHITS: 2 x 420 exp;
FIRE MEPHIT: 420 exp;
AIR MEPHIT: 2 x 420 exp.
Once you bring the Ruby Stone, the portal will summon a
Pit Fiend for you to battle.
PIT FIEND: 9000 exp.
Bringing the Sapphire Stone summons a genie who gives you
the Doomplate +3.
LOOT: Doomplate +3.
Bringing the Opal Stone summons a Greater Wolfwere - a
GREATER WOLFWERE: 15000 exp.
Inside this room you'll find a chest containing weird
things and eleven statues. You should put each object into the appropriate
statue's hands. You can gather hints on what should go where by clicking on the
statues. And so, going counterclockwise from the door, here are the riddles and
the appropriate object that should go there.
LOOT: Warden's Note, Gagged Man, Golden Circlet, Grinning Skull,
Hourglass, Jar of Water, Mirror, Star Medallion, Sundial, Sun Medallion, Sword
Medallion, Worn Out Boots.
- At night I come without being fetched, at day I am gone without being
stolen. ITEM: Star Medallion
- No beginning. No end. I am a symbol of the world's cycles. ITEM: Golden Circlet
- Two brothers we are, great burdens we bear, all day we are bitterly
pressed; yet this I will say - we are full all the day, and empty when we go
to rest. ITEM: Worn Out Boots
- Here, in this place, you swallow me. Yet, were I more, I could swallow
you. ITEM: Jar of Water
- I have seen the mountains rise. I have seen the fall of Netheril. You
shall die but still shall I march on. ITEM: Sundial
- To those within the dungeon I am joy. To those fully beneath my gaze, I
can be Hell. ITEM: Sun Medallion
- I will save your life but yet you can die by me. I will settle disputes
yet not with words. ITEM: Sword Medallion
- Name me and so shall you break me. ITEM: Gagged Man
- Always do I tell the truth, yet cannot speak. Look to me and see what
really is. ITEM: Mirror
- I have two heads but one body. the more I stand still ,the faster I run.
- Try to defeat me but try in vain. When I win I end your pain. ITEM:
Upon completing the task, check out the chest in the
center of the room for your material reward.
COMPLETE THE RIDDLES: 20000 exp, Sapphire Stone, Dusty Rose Ioun
Statue of Riddles
Here you'll find another bunch of statues with riddles,
well mouths - the kind that you put your hand in and stuff happens. Well, if you
put your hand inside the mouth of a statue, you get teleported into the central
area with the winged statue and you'll be asked a riddle. You'll get punished
for answering incorrectly and teleported out if you answer correctly. Once you
guess all twelve riddles you will be generously rewarded.
So here are the riddles, starting clockwise from the far
left outside circle.
- Lighter than what I am made of, more of me is hidden than is seen, I am
the bane of the mariner, a tooth within the sea. Speak my name. ANSWER: Ice.
- A spirited jig it dances bright, banishing all but darkest night. Give
it food and it will live; give it water and it will die. ANSWER: Fire.
- The man who invented it, doesn't want it for himself. The man who bought
it, doesn't need it for himself. The man who needs it, doesn't know it when
he needs it. ANSWER: A Coffin.
- The life I lead is mere hours or less, I serve all my time by being
consumed. I am quickest when thin, slowest when fat, and wind is the bane of
the gift that I bring. ANSWER: A Candle.
- The more that there is, the less that you see. Squint all you wish when
surrounded by me. ANSWER: Darkness.
- They come to witness the night without being called, a sailor's guide
and a poet's tears. They are lost to sight each day without the hand of a
thief. ANSWER: Stars.
- I can have no color, though there may be darkness within. I have no
weight and hold nothing, and if placed in a container it becomes all the
lighter. ANSWER: A Hole.
- Of all your possessions, I am the hardest to guard. If you have me, you
will want to share me. If you share me, you no longer have me. ANSWER: A
- Alive as you but without breath, as cold in my life as in my death;
never a thirst though I always drink, dressed in a mail but never a clink.
- I am free for the taking through all of your life, though given but once
at birth. I am less than nothing in weight, but will fell the strongest of
you if held. ANSWER: Breath.
- I have holes throughout, from back to front and top to bottom to core.
More nothing than something within, and yet I still hold water. ANSWER: A
- They follow and lead, but only as you pass. Dress yourself in darkest
black, and they are darker still. Always they flee the light, though without
the sun there would be none. ANSWER: Shadows.
COMPLETE THE RIDDLES: Each party member gains 5000 exp, Ring of
Here you'll be attacked by a swarm of Yuan-Ti.
YUAN-TI MAGE: 7000 exp;
YUAN-TIS: 5 x 1500 exp, Long Sword (5).
Beware this trap, it will crush a character in a matter of
seconds. If you don't walk along the south wall, the walls
will smash you character. Instant death.
This statue guards the escape route. In order to pass
you'll need to find the builder's hand as the statue puts it, and you'll need to
restore the focus of power. To get to the statue, however, you'll have to fight
through a swarm of Yuan-Ti. Once you defeat them, be sure to check out the pots
near the wall for some goodies.
YUAN-TI MAGES: 3 x 7000 exp;
GREATER YUAN-TI: 5000 exp, Long Sword;
YUAN-TIS: 2 x 1500 exp, Long Sword (2).
Check out the pot for treasure.
LOOT: [Project Image], [Delayed Blast Fireball], 3 Gold, Darts (10).
Once you have the Hand of Dace and the Crystal Shard, then
you can activate the giant head. For doing this you'll get nice experience. A
way to the lower level opens.
ACTIVATE THE HEAD: Each party member gains 29500 exp.
In this room a golem is guarding possibly the best item in
the game - the Bag of Holding. Defeat it and loot the area, although pay close
attention for traps.
CLAY GOLEM: 8000 exp.
Check out the two barrels (one trapped) for treasure.
DISARM THE TRAP: 2750 exp;
LOOT: Opal Stone, Bag of Holding, Arrows +2 (40), Bolts +2 (40), Bolts of Biting
(40), Arrows of Piercing (40), Darts of Stunning (40), Darts of Wounding (40),
[Prismatic Spray], Rogue Stone, Darts (80), Arrows (240), Bolts (160).
These exits lead to the dungeon level below (AR1513).